We want your stories!
Ragged Edge magazine is looking for your true story of facing discrimination based on disability.
We are particularly interested in stories about
- discrimination because of deafness
- discrimination because of blindness
- discrimination because of emotional or cognitive impairment
- discrimination upon revealing a hidden disability (epilepsy, bipolar disorder, etc.)
- discrimination because of a mobility impairment
We are looking for YOUR personal story -- no second-hand accounts. (We will protect your confidentiality if you so desire.)
We are also focusing on single incidents. Do you have a story about encountering an instance of discrimination because of your own particular disability? That's the story we want.
If you have such a story, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and give us brief details (no more than 200 words, please!)
If selected, we will interview you by telephone or by email (your choice).
We cannot acknowledge every response.
If your response is selected, we will e-mail you!